Tuesday, March 10, 2009


In Matthew chapter 21 it says: "1As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, 2saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me.'"

The most important thing about this scripture is not that Jesus asked His disciples to steal a donkey from their neighbor. Because God owns everything. Duh! It is that He asked them to untie it. Don't you want to be set free from your bondage. I bet the donkey did. I bet he might have even gave them a He and a Haw to thank them for there wonderful act of kindness.

You know that when we come into a relationship with Christ that we have an immense amount of freedom. The problem comes when we think that because of that freedom we then have the right to run around where ever we want. The important thing to remember about this story is that the donkey was FREED FOR A PURPOSE! His purpose was to carry Christ.

Whats your purpose? Let me step out on a limb here and say that it is to do the same thing that the donkey was to do. Carry Christ. Remember! We are free in Christ because he has given us freedom. However, that freedom comes with a purpose. So be a donkey for Christ sake and carry Him into your schools, homes, and your very lives. The world needs a message of hope. Christ is counting on you to take Him into your world so that it can be shared.

2 comments:

Brook said...

No matter how many times I here this, or how many different ways...it always hits home. It's not always easy to carry Christ, but it is my purpose:) I can't think of a better, more fulfilling purpose than this!

Ersella said...

Well buddy, lately I haven't been leaving the house at all so I guess I am just a jackass with no purpose.